Tournament: National rated. Open to all ages. 7 round Swiss system.
Venue: Exam Hall
Multimedia University (Melaka Campus)
Jalan Ayer Keroh Lama
Time Control: 45min + No increment – All moves must be recorded.
Entries fee: RM30 per person (Registration after closing date on 17th June 2012 – RM40)
|# Participants are requested to bring along I/C or Birth Certificate at all time for verification. |
# Entries after the closing date will be accepted only at the discretion of organizers.
Mode of payment:
1. Bank-in to 04050002313204 (CIMB) with the name of CHIN NYUK WEI.
2. The entry form and a copy of bank-in-slip MUST be scanned and emailed to chessMMUmelaka@gmail.com not later than 17th June 2012.
3. The late registration will be charged RM10.
4. Participants that unable to submit BOTH the bank-in-slip and form COMPLETELY in time will be disqualified automatically.
5. STRICTLY NO REGISTRATION THROUGH SMS OR PHONE CALLS.
6. Website: http://www.wix.com/chessmmumelaka/ico#
MMU Hostel Accommodation: Will not be provided.
Here are some hotels that you can refer to:
1. Kancil Hotel
9833, Bukit Baru, 75100 Melaka, Malaysia.
Fax: 606-2815894 10 min drive distance to MMU
2. Atlantic Park Hotel Sdn. Bhd
9830, Bukit Baru, 75150 Melaka, Malaysia.
Fax: 606-2815894 10 min drive distance to MMU
3. City Theme Hotel
No 163, Jalan Laksamana Cheng Ho, 75000 Melaka, Malaysia.
Hotel Direct Booking Hotline
Fax: 606-2835005 20 min drive distance to MMU
4. De Ocean Hotel Sdn. Bhd.
174, Jalan Laksamana Cheng Ho, 75000 Melaka, Malaysia.
Tel: 606-2843333 (Hunting line)
Website: www.deocean.com.my 20 min drive distance to MMU
# If there is any change in the information given above, we have no responsible on it.
# For further information, please refer to the web site or contact number given.
Transportation & Meals: Will not be provided.
1. Win Soh Tian Sheng (013-6515080)
2. Poh Pei Hong (014-3806693)
3. Gan Yan Yang (017-6514769)
Champion : RM1000 + Trophy
2nd prize : RM800 + Trophy
3rd prize : RM600 + Trophy
4th prize : RM300 + Trophy
5th prize – 10th prizes : RM100 + Medal
Best Women : RM200 + Medal
Best U-12 (on or after 1999) : RM200 + Medal
Best U-16 (on or after 1995) : RM200 + Medal
Best U-18 (on or after 1993) : RM200 + Medal
Best Institute : RM200 + Medal
* All the participant will receipt the certificate of achievement.
Rules and Regulations:
1. This chess competition is available for all age.
2. The FIDE Laws of Chess apply, supplemented by the tournament rules and regulations.
3. To accommodate space or other organizational constraints, the organizing committees have the right to accept or reject any entry without explanation. First-come-first-serve basis to a limited number of participants. Funds will be given back to rejected entrant(s).
4. Seven rounds FIDE Swiss System will be played by all participants regardless of their results from earlier encounters and the one with the most accumulated points will be declared as the winner.
5. All participants are required to report 40 minutes before the start of the first round unless prior notification is given to the Chief Arbiter. There will be no refund under such circumstances.
6. Players’ moves must be recorded. However, if player reaches less than five minutes on their clock, they are excused from doing so until the game is complete.
7. The winner of each game holds the duty of passing the signed score sheets with the correct results to the Chief Arbiter. Participants playing White assumes this responsibility if the game is drawn.
8. The loser of each game is responsible in rearranging the pieces on the dashboard. The participant playing Black holds this responsibility if the game ends in a draw.
9. The Director reserves the right to remove any individuals deemed as a nuisance or act in an undesirable manner. All participants are therefore expected to conduct themselves appropriately during the event.
10. The decision of the Director and Chief Arbiter with regards to the tournament is FINAL.
* Failure to abide the above rules will result in immediate disqualification.
30th June 2012 (Saturday)
09:00 – 12:00 pm : Registration
12:00 – 01:00 pm : Lunch time
01:00 – 02:00 pm : Opening Ceremony
02:30 – 04:00 pm : Round 1
04:30 – 06:00 pm : Round 2
06:30 – 08:00 pm : Round 3
08:00pm onwards : Dinner time, check-in into hotel and free time
1st July 2012 (Sunday)
08:00 – 09:00 am : Breakfast time
09:00 – 10:30 pm : Round 4
11: 00 – 12:30 pm : Round 5
01:00 – 02:00 pm : Lunch time
02:00 – 03:30 pm : Round 6
03:30 – 05:30 pm : Round 7
06:00 – 07:30 pm : Closing and Prize Giving Ceremony
07:30 onwards : Departure
*All meals are not be provided.
Name (Follow I/C):_________________________
Gender: M / F Age: __________
Fee: RM __________ (RM30/RM40/RM60) Accommodation: Yes / No
I/C no: __________ Date of Birth: __________
Postcode: __________ State: __________
Hp no: ________________ Email: _______________
FIDE rating (if any): _______ National rating (if any): _______
Signature: __________ Date:________________
Receipt [FOR OFFICER USE ONLY]
Age: __________ Total Fee: __________
Received by: _________________
Date: _____________ Signature: ___________