- Florencio Campomanes Memorial International Rapid Chess Championship will be held on 21st and 22nd of April over 11 rounds using a time control of 25 minutes to finish.
- This event is open to ALL players
- The Melaka International and Melaka Challenger sections will run concurrent and will be held from 23rd April to 1st May 2012. The events shall be played over 9 rounds using classical time control of 90 minutes plus 30 seconds increment per move from move 1.
- The Melaka International is Open to ALL players
- The Melaka Challenger event is open only to Amateur players who have a FIDE rating of below 2000 or without any FIDE rating.
Entry fees are free for titled players i.e. GM, IM, WGM, WIM, and players with FIDE rating higher than 2500. For non-titled players, please check the entry forms for the different rates that we have for each event offered which will be based on your FIDE rating points. Melaka born players are entitled for a 20% discount and will have to contact Mr Khairi Jansar for more information.
GM taking part in the event shall be provided with accommodation (subject to availability) so, please book early to make sure rooms will be available for you. On the same note, the first 10 GMs with FIDE rating 2600 or higher shall be given single accommodation whilst other GM will be given twin sharing accommodation
All completed forms are to be returned to Mr Khairi Jansar at firstname.lastname@example.org, Mr Najib Wahab at email@example.com and Mr Gregory Lau at firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible together with a scanned copy of the bank transfer/transaction slip paid to the Festival bank account. All payments for entry fees, accommodation (if any) and airport transfer fees/tour packages (if any) MUST be banked into the same bank account
Closing date for the event is 9th April 2012 and entries received after this date will only be accepted at the organizers discretion and will be subjected to late fees (please refer to the entry forms for the late chargers)
For players who would like to obtain an invitation letter for leave/unrecorded leave purposes (public/government departments), please direct your request to Mr Khairi Jansar for the invitation letters.
Festival prospectus and entry forms can be obtained via the following link:
FLORENCIO CAMPOMANES RAPID EVENT
HISTORICAL MELAKA INTERNATIONAL EVENT
HISTORICAL MELAKA CHALLENGER EVENT
Official website for the Festival is www.melakachess.org
See you in MELAKA!