The Return of IM Jimmy Liew....

Its EPIC, its LEGENDARY!
The Organizer of the National Closed 2011 is proud to announce IM Jimmy's Liew confirmation to play in this year's event which is set to be an epic clash between the Master and the aspiring 'paduwans' - to quote Star Wars.

There were some rumors about Jimmy participating in this year's event when a few chess friends noted that Jimmy is taking leave during the duration of the National Closed but without any application nor request made from him to the organizer, the rumor was left at that. When Jimmy called me this afternoon asking me if I received his SMS a few days ago, I said no. And of course, my thought was that Jimmy would want to play in the Maverick event (you are welcome for that too....) and to my surprise, he is going for the National Closed! And to tell you the truth.... I almost fell of my chair.

Its good to see Jimmy's back into the National Closed and with his inclusion, perhaps more of the other former players will come to play. Whatever it is, it already going to be AWESOME.

Comments

Popular Posts