Game for a challenge ?

 

Today is only the second day of the new year and there is already a chess tournament on. I woke up late as usual and thought twice about entering the Excel’s First Saturday event. Not because I was late but because the last two event I entered made me feel I was playing in the National Juniors of sorts. It wasn’t fun losing to 10 year old kids.

Anyway I bravely went and reached the centre at 9am which is the time round 1 should start. Luckily as with most local tourneys they started a little late so I got a chance to register and play. First round started at 9.40 am and I instantly regret coming, losing to a junior player in a silly opening which I played too fast.

Strong players such as Abdullah Che Hassan, Lim Zhou Ren, Justin Ong, Nik Ahmad Farouqi and Jax Tham is taking part. Besides them there are a host of other junior players to make life hard. If you like the challenge, First Saturday tournaments may be your cup of tea.

GilaChess

Comments

Popular Posts